lunes, 16 de junio de 2008

Before sunset




Let me sing you a waltz
out of nowhere
out of my thoughts...
Let me sing you a waltz
about this one night stand...


You were for me that night
everything I always dreamt of in life
but now you're gone...
You are far gone
all the way to your island of rain...


It was for you just a one night thing
but you were much more to me...
Just so you know.


I hear rumors about you
about all the bad things you do...
But when we were together alone
you didn't seem like a player at all.

I don't care what they say
I know what you meant for me that day...
I just wanted another try
I just wanted another night...
Even if it doesn't seem quite right
you meant for me much more
than anyone I've met before...


One single night with you little ... *
Is worth a thousand with anybody.

I have no bitterness, my sweet
I'll never forget this one night thing...
Even tomorrow, another arms
my heart will stay yours until I die.


Let me sing you a waltz
out of nowhere, out of my blues...
Let me sing you a waltz,
about this lovely one night stand...

Julie Delpy, A waltz for a night (Before Sunset)

No hay comentarios: